Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Friday 2 June 2017

Yankees...

.... in a tin.

Well, I found the invaders of 1812, in 20mm.  They were in Amsterdam. That is, in a biscuit tin with a nice reproduction of Amsterdam in the 17th Century on the lid. So, there are the militiamen:


Regulars:


And gunners:


However, I'm a unit short, so there will now be an interlude while I raise another regiment of foot...

4 comments:

  1. I'm struggling to name those American figures? HAT Dutch maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good question, and one that sent me, peering, into various boxes. The Regulars are, indeed, HAT Dutch. They are ok, but (see tonight's post), I've discovered Emhar's Peninsular chaps, and they are much nicer. As for the US militia, they are Strelets' 'American Militia in Winter Dress, 1812'. Not nearly as sharply moulded, but wearing the necessary 'round hat'.

    ReplyDelete